Job Title: Senior Product Specialist (Sales Engineer) – Rotating Equipment
Reports To: GM -Business Development
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
Overall Purpose of Job:
To develop Rotating Equipment (Pumps and Compressors) business in the oil and gas sector and
ensure robust revenue and steady growth from sales of the products to the end users.
- In-depth product knowledge and working knowledge of areas of application
- Identify application areas on client sites and make appropriate proposals on the benefits and usage of the products.
- Identify key companies/ operators in the non-oil and gas industries to engage
- Follow-up quotations submitted to ensure speedy closeout
- Organize workshops for project engineers, and trading companies on our products and their applications.
- Follow-up leads as a result of the visits and presentations made.
- Make visits and presentations to teams and project engineers identified to showcase the benefits of the product.
- Identify potential non-oil and gas companies to introduce/ adopt products on their project.
- Make specific presentations to the identified companies and end users of this product.
- Identify and recommend as most appropriate, technical assistance for key customers
- Define a strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer Relationship
Plan per group
- Collate client–specific intelligence and produce weekly reports
- Generate Work orders, Request for Quotation (RFQ), and Purchase Orders (PO)
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target–driven achievement
- A good university degree in Mechanical Engineering
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in different types of rotating equipment
- Must have an eye for details and be meticulous
- Intelligence gathering skills
- Good working knowledge of the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry
- Proven ability to advise clients
- Proven track record of winning businesses
- Proven account management experience.
- Direct sales and marketing experience into the non-oil and gas sector
- Self-starter and a self-motivator
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Sound computing skills (minimum Microsoft Office)